Welcome to the East Anderson Street / Cedar Lane Bridge Replacement Project
The County of Bergen plans to replace the East Anderson Street / Cedar Lane Bridge over the Hackensack River and implement improvements to the bridge and roadway approaches to provide efficient crossing and enhance safety for all modes of transportation. The bridge was built in 1971 and has structural and functional limitations that do not meet today’s design standards and transportation needs. As an essential connection for residents and businesses, the City of Hackensack and the Township of Teaneck passed resolutions of support for the bridge replacement.
Bergen County, in coordination with NJTPA, NJDOT, and FHWA, has completed the Local Concept Development (LCD) Study and has advanced the project to the Local Preliminary Engineering (LPE) Phase as of Spring 2022. The project will then progress to Final Design (FD) and Construction phases using federal funding, which requires approximately 24 months to complete each phase.
Community involvement is an important part of this bridge project, and the Project Team encourages the community and general public to participate and provide input during this phase and future phases via this website.
- Online Public Information Center (PIC) meeting to be held on Thursday, February 22, 2024 - click here
- Community Stakeholders Meeting No. 1 report and presentation available to view - click here
- Temporary Lane Closures work completed as of 5/15/23 - click here
- Anticipated Project Schedule - click here
- Visit this website for news and future outreach meetings